Collection of examination certificates
Examination certificates for students from Year 11 or Year 13 in 2018-19 have now arrived in school. Current Year 12 students may collect their certificates from Mrs Sinacore in the Library. For students no longer at the school, but who have siblings currently attending John Colet, the school will make arrangements for the certificates to reach home. For other students the collection times are:
- Wednesday 27 November, 1.30-4.00pm
- Wednesday 27 November 5.00-6.00pm
- Thursday 28 November, 1.30-4.00pm
- Friday 29 November, 7.00-8.00am
- Friday 29 November, 1.30-4.00pm
If students are unable to pick up the certificates in person then the form below must be completed and handed in with proof of identity at the time of collection.
Exam Results 2019
Students at John Colet School are celebrating success in their A Level examinations. Along with a range of A Level courses, students have achieved success in BTEC qualifications, the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) and the London Institute of Banking and Finance (LIBF) Financial Studies course. Among the cohort are some outstanding performances:
- Sam Mohammad, Deputy Head Boy, achieved A*A*A in Maths, Financial Studies and Business Studies. Sam is going to Loughborough University to study Finance and Management.
- Connor Smith achieved a Distinction in BTEC Art and Design, an A in Sociology and a B in History. Connor also embarked upon a World Challenge expedition to Nepal in 2018.
- Corey Meehan is embarking on a career in Paramedic Science after achieving AAB in Geography, Psychology and Biology. Corey was our Lead Equality and Diversity Prefect.
- Tim Hall achieved AAB in Psychology, History and Biology. Tim represented the school in the Lessons from Auschwitz programme in 2018.
- Other students who achieved top grades include Chloe Lester (A, Photography), Bailey Arnold (A, Financial Studies), Jack Holmes (A, Sociology), George Leaver (A, Financial Studies).
Mrs Fanchi, Head of Sixth Form, had this message for Year 13: “Very well done to all of our students and the best of luck for bright futures ahead of them all.”
Students at John Colet School are celebrating success in their GCSE examinations. 71% of students achieved Grade 4 in both English and Mathematics and 72% of all grades awarded were Grade 4 and above, an increase of more than 5% on last year. Sixteen students achieved Grade 6 or above in at least eight subjects and some outstanding performances included Nicola Bird, Abigail Coney, Phoebe Ford, Kate Henley and Sam Winter achieving Grades the top grades (7-9) in at least eight subjects. Patrick Harty, Headteacher, passed on his congratulations: “We are very proud of the achievements of our students, both in terms of examination success and wider contribution to the life of the school and the local community. We look forward to welcoming students back into the Sixth Form, or, if they are moving on, we wish them every success in the future.”
The exam results published in August 2019 can be seen below.
The Department for Education provides a website where parents can find and compare schools in England and check their performance in terms of:
- Historical exam results
- Ofsted reports
- Financial information